Welcome to Washington County History Day!
Log in for
2022 Washington County Regional History Day
Our Contest was Saturday! (March 5) Thank you so much to all our participants, judges, and volunteers. We hope it was a good experience this year, and that you return next year for another exciting History Day!
Washington County Regional Contest Information
2022 Key Dates:
- Registration opens: January 5 (Wednesday)
- Registration & Projects Due: February 19 (Saturday)
- Judging Begins: February 26
- Contest: March 5 (Saturday)
In Person Contest, Virtual Option
- Our 2022 contest will take place in person.
- Students may choose to compete in person or compete virtually.
- ALL students will submit a digital version of their project, in every category (details below).
- Virtual students will be offered a virtual interview or may waive the interview. Students can select virtual options during registration or in their student account by February 19.
- Contest schedules will be modified to disperse crowding and limit waiting time. You will receive your judging time and room in advance.
- Please help us limit crowds by bringing no more than one family member per student to the contest. One adult may serve as a chaperone for several students.
- We are prepared to hold a completely virtual contest if public health circumstances change, and will notify participants in advance if this occurs.
- Because COVID case counts and transmission levels remain high, we strongly encourage COVID vaccines and wearing face masks while at the contest. Learn where you can get your vaccine here. Face masks and sanitizer will be available at the event.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, or are exposed to COVID-19, within 10 days before the event, or if you are sick with any COVID-19 symptoms the day of the event, please avoid infecting others by staying home.
- Email the contest coordinator to request the virtual option if you are exposed or become ill after February 24.
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR PROJECT
All students must submit a digital version of their project by the deadline. Be sure to follow these detailed instructions for your category:
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE CONTEST
Remember - teachers must register before their students.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PROJECT
You will upload a digital version of your project directly into your NHD student account on this website.
Group Entries: Only one student needs to upload the project files/links.
Basic Uploading Instructions:
- Login to your NHD student account for this contest. You’ll need the username and password you created when you registered for the contest.
- Click on your name (top right) then click on My Profile.
- Upload your project files and/or paste your video link into the upload fields for your category.
- Double-check that your file and/or link shows in the fields.
- Click SAVE at the bottom of the profile box.
If You Advance: If you advance to the next level of competition and revise your project (which you are strongly encouraged to do!), you will need to upload the revised files/links into your student profile for the next contest.
Student Behavior Expectations
- Students are expected to conduct themselves, in person and online, in a manner that brings credit to themselves and their schools.
- Treat other competitors with respect at all times.
Contact email@example.com with questions!
Follow NHD Utah